Stollen

"Joni Repasch" <jrepasch@infi.net>
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 00:17:03 -0800
v100.n078.12
 > MESSAGE bread-bakers.v100.n077.2
 > From: Donald L Thacker <dlthacker@juno.com>
 > Subject: Stollen
 > Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 15:17:25 -0500

 > Since Christmas baking time is here, I wonder if anyone has a recipe
 > for German Stollen. My Mom used to make one using butter, golden
 > raisins, etc. which was luscious. Thanks for the help.

I am sure others on this list will have some wonderful recipes to offer you
on your request for stollen. I don't have a recipe at the ready to share
with you but I do have a cute story.

Years ago, 1973, to be exact, I decided to make some Christmas breads. Where
the recipe came from I'm not sure, but I made about 6 loaves and froze
several of them for a rainy day. One day in February, or there about, my
younger son, Jeffrey, age 8, came home from school. He asked, "Mom do we
have anymore of that "losten bread."

Kids do say the darnest things, don't they?

joni repaschs