Bread slicing guide

SloSherri@aol.com
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:17:56 EST
v100.n079.6
<<King Arthur Flours offers a "Slicing Guide" for breads that looks rather
interesting. Unfortunately, it does not come with a crumb catcher.>>

Joni,

I received a gift certificate to King Arthur from my staff for Boss' Day.  I
don't usually buy gadget type things, but as I was using up the gift
certificate, I decided to get the slicing guide in the catalogue.  I've used
it once, and I just hate it.  Not only is there no crumb catcher, but the
guide doesn't slide horizontally.  The bread just plops down inside the
(very) wide guide, which doesn't adjust.  Therefore if your bread is 2" less
wide than the guide (as mine was out of an average 4 x 9 inch baking pan),
you have to stick your fingers through the buide to hold the loaf in place.
Otherwise the loaf just slides all over the place.

I heartily do NOT recommend the bread slicing guide.  After using it once, it
hits the garage sale pile, and that is an expensive discard!!

Sherri