Cranberry Bread #2

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:33:04 -0800
v101.n009.10
I haven't made this particular bread yet but I have some cranberries in my
freezer that I would like to use.  Also they are fresh in the markets right
now so one could take advantage of buying and using them in this
recipe.  Does anyone else have a cranberry bread, scone or muffin recipe
that you could share??

                      *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                             Cranberry Bread #2

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 10   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List        Breads
                 Fruits                           Hand Made
                 Low Fat

    2      C             All-Purpose Flour -- Sifted
    1 1/2  Tsp           Baking Powder
    1      C             Sugar
    2      Tbsp          Margarine -- Melted
      1/2  C             Orange Juice
    2      Tbsp          Hot Water
    1      C             Cranberries -- Coarsely Chopped
      1/2  Tsp           Salt
      1/2  Tsp           Baking Soda
    2                    Egg Whites -- Beaten

Sift dry ingredients together Beat egg and add margarine, orange juice and
hot water. Combine with dry ingredients. Add nuts and cranberries. Bake 1
hour and 10 minute at 325F. Brush bread with butter; wrap in waxed paper
while hot and place in refrigerator for 3 hours. Remove paper; wrap in
towel and put back in refrigerator.

Nutrition Facts:
Amount Per Serving: Calories 205 - Calories from Fat 23 Percent Total
Calories From: Fat 11%, Protein 7%, Carbohydrate 82%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g,
Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 207mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g, Dietary Fiber 0g,
Sugars 0g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 109 units, Vitamin C 6 units, Calcium 0
units, Iron 0 units