Re: Digest bread-bakers.v101.n012

Blanche007@aol.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 11:30:55 EST
v101.n014.21
 > MESSAGE bread-bakers.v101.n012.25 ---------------

 > From: Corgisews <corgisew@redsuspenders.com>
 > Subject: King Arthur Bread Classes
 > Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 21:55:36 -0500

 > Has anyone attended the current (or past for that matter) group of
 > classes offered by King Arthur Flour at different locales around the
 > country? ...

 > What did you think of them?  Are they most useful for newcomers to bread
 > baking and/or have things of value and interest to those with more
 > experience but still with a lot to learn?  Is there time for questions,
 > discussion afterward, or do they usher you out after the 2 hour time is
 > up?  How far ahead should one arrive if one is partially deaf and would
 > like to be sure to get a good seat where she can hear well?  Are they given
 > by freelancers or by people who normally live in the NH/VT area and are
 > directly employed by KA? Do they come with samples for tasting, discounts,
 > coupons, offers for local stores, etc for their audience?
 > --------------- MESSAGE

You asked about the king Arthur classes.  I can speak from the view point
of someone who has taught the classes.  I suppose you could call me a
freelancer since I don't live in Vermont and work directly at King Arthur,
but I have had an on-going professional relationship with then for over 10
years including teaching classes both at their in-house baking school and
on the road.  The majority of the other teachers work 'in-house' at King
Arthur and spend a considerable time traveling to teach.  We bring years of
both baking and teaching experience along with a commitment to help both
novice and experienced bakers learn more about baking.

It's been my experience that the students who attend the classes have a
wide range of experience and the classes themselves are geared to
accomodate this range.  There is ample opportunity for questions both
during and after the class.

If you need to sit in a particular place in the auditorium I suggest you
get there very early.  The classes fill fast.  You might want to check out
the venue ahead of time to see what the best place would be for you to sit.
I hope that people who have attended these classes will also give you
feedback so you can make the right decision for your own situation.  For my
part, I urge to to go since it's been my experience with the bread list
that most people on it value and appreciate anything and everything that
makes them better bakers - and the King Arthur classes have to be counted
high on th at list.
Lora Brody
blanche007@aol.com
http://www.lorabrody.com