Pane Francese

Frances Feeter <momfeet@aloha.net>
Wed, 02 May 2001 13:52:02 +0000
v101.n024.17
Thanks to that person who posted Joe Ortiz' recipe for Pane Francese - I
neglected to copy the name.  It is such a success ....  I've had bread
withdrawal since moving from the Bay area to Hawaii.  I've been making my
own french bread using the dough cycle on the bread machine, but this one
is so much better!  My daughter actually lives about a mile from Gayle's
Baker in Capitola, Ca (next door to Santa Cruz) - Gayle is Joe's wife, and
it's a wonderful place not just to buy baked goods (superlative), but they
also have deli food and a coffee bar with a place to sit down and
eat.  When our daughter entertains someone is usually assigned to bring a
"white box" from Gayle's, as well as bread.

Does anyone know the date of the Summer Loaf in Portland this summer?
Sounds like a great event, and I may be in Oregon around that time.

I enjoy the Digest - first time I've responded.  I'm pushing 72, and have
been baking bread for too many years : ).  I was overwhelmed when I got my
Zo bread machine - I stood looking at it, saying, "I can't believe it does
the whole thing."  I used to make 8 loaves at once, kneading and all.  Now
I mostly use the dough cycle and bake the loaves in the oven.  I have found
that I can use about any recipe in the machine - I just check the
consistency after the first kneading, and adjust it accordingly.

Frances Feeter
Molokai, HI