Unknown flour

Susan Brigden <Susie22@mindspring.com>
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:46:30 -0400
v101.n031.5
This can be classified as an idiotic question, but I'm sallying forth anyways.

I have just closed my father's house, and he has several large containers
of flour.  None of them are marked, and I can't tell if they're unbleached
bread flour, white whole wheat, or light rye flour.  The white I can
probably figure out, but is there a characteristic taste to the rye or
whole wheat that I can ascertain by tasting it?  I'd hate to use what turns
out to be rye flour in a whole wheat recipe, yet I hate to just throw them
all away.

Thanks.

Susie