Par baking bread & rolls

"Bonni Brown" <bonnibakes@hotmail.com>
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 07:55:09 -0400
v101.n045.15
I own a boutique bakery on the west coast of FL and am self taught, so I'm
always looking to learn.

I bought a DLX last year and although I enjoy it, I still haven't gotten the
knack of using the dough hook with large quanities of bread dough. The
scraper & roller do a good job but the dough frequently rises above the stem
and I thought the dough hook might alleviate that. If anyone out there uses
the dough hook with 6 loaves, does the dough still want to climb the hook
and how long do you knead for?

Also, I bake bread & rolls on tiles on the lowest shelf in my professional
electric convection oven (with a fan that can't be turned off). I'm
interested in par baking rolls and bread gradually when I have extra time
and then freezing them, in preparation for an event to feed the hungry in
November. Considering the oven, at what temp, for how long and what point in
the baking process would you stop baking bread & rolls. At what temp would
you finish off the frozen par baked items?  Any help would be appreciated
because I work alone and would like to donate as much bread as possible to
this worthy cause. Thanks!

Check our new website www.bonnibakes.com