New product: HEARTH KIT

"Sandi Krakowski-HEALTH FOR YOU" <sandi@healthforyouministry.com>
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:36:11 -0500
v101.n053.13
Hello all,

Reggie has given me permission to post this incredible new product we got
in last week, that I have been playing with daily!!  It's called the
HearthKit.  It converts you own oven into a Hearth-style oven in seconds!!

I have made over 6 pizzas, cheeseburgers, a wonderful chicken parmesan and
some great breads in this so far.  I made my breads w/o a pan and directly
on the HearthKit and then today I made 3 loaves in breadpans on top of the
HearthKit.  They all came out incredibly!!!  The pizza my boys are
exclaiming is going to put the 'pizza man' out of business! LOL

Here's my recipe I used for the breads.  The first recipe is just a great
Sandwich bread recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour, doubled. Then the
second one is my Kamut Bread recipe, made w/ freshly ground Kamut
Flour.  Both of these are made in a nice mixer - I use the Bosch Concept
and the Dimension 2000 Mixer and the Whispermill for my flour.

You can see this great new product and my little review here:

www.healthforyouministry.com/hearthkit.html

FANTASTIC WHITE BREAD- GREAT FOR SANDWICHES!

Sometimes it is nice to just have a great white bread recipe for special
occasions- add raisins and cinnamon for a great change as well!-

MAKES 1 LOAF, DOUBLE FOR 2 LOAVES

3 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup hot water *
4 tbs. cold-pressed oil, I used safflower
1 Tbs. honey
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp SAF instant yeast

Put all ingredients into your large mixer and begin kneading on speed 2,
adding flour if needed until the sides of the bowl and the center post
clear.  Knead for 8 minutes.  Transfer to an oiled countertop with oil on
your hands and cover, let rest for ONE HOUR.  Transfer to greased pans,
preheat oven to 350 F and let rise until tops are 1-2 inches over the sides
of the pans.  Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes. Cool on rack.

* the hot water balances the cold milk

BEST KAMUT/WHEAT BREAD by Sandi

Mill a canister of Hard White Winter Wheat.
Mill 1/2 canister of Kamut Wheat

In a large mixer bowl, on speed #1, mix well for a few minutes.

6 c. very warm water
2/3 c. honey
2/3 c. canola oil
2 TBSP. Real salt
3 TBSP. dough enhancer
2 TBSP. vital gluten
5 cups hard white wheat
3 TBSP. SAF Yeast

Let this mixture rest in bowl with splash guard on for 20 minutes. Then
add 4 cups KAMUT flour and keep adding more Hard White Wheat flour until
the side begin to clear - knead for 8 minutes.

Take out of bowl onto oiled counter with oil on hands and let rest, covered
for 30-45 minutes.  Preheat over to 350 F. When rising is complete, place
dough into pre-oiled breadpans, I use the 8 inch pans from Norpro.  Cover
with a towel and let rise until the tops of the dough rise 1 inch above the
sides of the pan.

Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes, cool on cooling rack.

This makes six 8 inch loaves of bread, 1.5 pounds each.

Blessings of health to you all!
Sandi Krakowski
FREE SHIPPING THRU 12/25 !!
www.healthforyouministry.com