Cranberry Orange Bread

"Gonzo White" <gunks33@hotmail.com>
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 11:12:52 -0600
v101.n055.2
Cranberry Orange Loaf

This is a really great recipe if you have some Cranberry sauce left over.
Its a week late for Thanksgiving but I make this all year round.    It's
really a great breakfast bread.

2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Grated Rind of one orange (I use 1 tea of Orange peel)
1 can of whole Cranberries (not the jelly stuff)
1/2 c Walnuts, chopped or Pecans
1/4 c butter
1 c Sugar
1 egg
3/4 c orange juice

Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan; set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.  Stir in
Orange rind, cranberries and nuts.  Set aside.

In a large bowl cream butter, sugar and the egg with an electric mixer
until smooth.  Blend in the orange juice, and then stir in the flour
mixture, stirring until just combined.

Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick
inserted into the center comes out clean.  Let stand for 10 minutes and
remove from the pan.  Cool on a wire rack.. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap
after cooling and store in the fridge.