Double pan machine

Andie Paysinger <asenji@earthlink.net>
Sun, 09 Dec 2001 23:44:09 -0800
v101.n059.13
I have one of the double pan machines.  Mine is made by American Harvest.
When I first got it I tried baking two kinds of bread and they were o.k. as
long as they were similar types needing similar baking/rising times.

However I have other machines which I like better for the way they finish
the bread so I no longer bake bread in the machine.  I do use them for
mixing dough, particularly French or European type "artisan" breads that
need a lot of kneading.  I have arthritis in my hands and find this machine
ideal for long kneads and long, low temp rises.

I have friends who have accused me of having every bread machine ever made
but this is not true.  I do have several and have owned several more which I
have passed on to others because I no longer used them.

I still have one of the original Zojirushi machines which cost a mint
and one of the newer larger Zo.s,  A Breadman Artisan Pro,  an Oster
Rapid-bake, a West Bend convection turbo and one with the Williams-Sonoma
name on it which has never been out of the box.  (It was a gift, sort of a
"coals to Newcastle thing"), plus the one above.  These are all in use
fairly often.

Others I have owned were a Panasonic, an earlier West Bend, a Toastmaster
and another one which had a 2-part vertical pan (to make the sides of the
pan higher for bigger loaves) and I cannot recall the name of this one.
It made an awful lot of noise when kneading - I had to keep checking on it
because it sounded like it was coming apart at the seams.

Andie