Why does my tin's non-stick lining deteriorate fast?

"Vikki Haffenden" <thehaffendens@cwcom.net>
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:32:51 -0000
v102.n005.6
Does any one have any suggestions about the way the non-stick lining keeps
wearing off the inside of my machine's baking tin?  This is the second tin
I have had, luckily they sell replacements, but it makes it expensive as
they only last 6-9 months.  I use the machine once a day at least and bake
as well as just mix dough in it, it is the mixing that wears it off the
little pretruberances at the side, the non-stick has come off in identical
places at each side and around the paddle on each tin. Anything like
greasing wears off in the mixing stage it needs to be a permanent product
of some sort. There used to be  a spray on Teflon product avaiable but I
have not seen it for years, has anyone else? I make mostly wholemeal bread
and I think the coarser grain also speeds up the degradation of the lining,
I also use nuts and seeds a lot.

Do the Panasonic and other expensive machines suffer in this way? Is it
because mine was a cheap machine and the tin is where the cheapness shows?
Any comments welcomed.

Has anyone got a Breville with a fan assisted cooking method? If so do they
like it, I might consider replacing mine if this continues to be  problem
and want some recommendations of one available in the UK.

Happy Baking
Vikki