Re: Amazing Pizza Dough

"S&R Ash" <db1753@dragonbbs.com>
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:05:25 -0500
v102.n009.10
Sam and others;
I have found this dough to be the perfect dough for pizza and cheese bread
bread sticks. Have tried many recipes and this is  my favorite due to the
easy with working it and shaping it. Hope you will give it a try. As for
getting the perfect circle that just takes some practice. My first time to
post hope I am sending this right way.
Sue Ellen

Pizza Dough

3 cups warm water
2 pkgs yeast
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 tsp salt
5 Tablespoons Olive Oil (do not use anything else)
7 to 8 cups All Purpose Flour

Heat water to luke warm in glass dish. Add yeast stir to dissolve. Add
sugar and salt. Add oil. Gradually add flour stirring with wooden spoon
until dough forms a ball. Pour out onto floured board. Knead until smooth
working in enough flour until no longer sticky. Let rise in an oiled (olive
oil) glass bowl.

When doubled punch down.  Let rest 15 minutes. Divide into four parts, (I
cut with a large chef knife.) Work the dough between your hands to start a
circle or ball. Place on an olied (olive oil) pizza sheet. Pat out the
dough to form a circle working from the center out. Be sure to form a nice
edge. Add tomatoe pizza sauce, cheese and meat toppings as desired. Bake to
a golden brown. Oven should be set at 400 F. For thick pan style 350 F
works best. Place in lower part of oven.

For bread sticks or cheese breads, let the dough rise again after shaping
into sticks or rounds. I use about 1 pkg cheese and a large white onion
sliced thin. Place on the dough and let rise.

For bread sticks you can shape into sticks before baking for crispness. Or
shape into large round, place on cookie sheet sprinkle with salt, butter
and cheese. Bake at 350 F until golden, As soon as you remove from oven cut
into "sticks" with a large sharp knife pushing straight down. Do not saw as
it will tear the bread.
If you want to use a mix, try any good quality brand,
  like Martha White Pizza Mix and add to it. Makes a good quick pizza.

1 box or pkg Pizza Mix
1 pkg yeast
1 cup flour

Mix well. Add about 3/4 cup warm water to start with. If too dry add enough
water to blend the dough into a ball. Knead between your hands working as
for tortillas. Let rise in oiled dish until double. Put on pizza pans.
Shape and add toppings. Bake 350 F about 15 minutes.
Hope these help you to enjoy easy Pizza at home.

Sue Ellen