Reinhart's English Muffins

"rachaellohr" <rachaellohr@email.msn.com>
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:20:22 -0600
v102.n012.1
Jerry Ulett wrote "I am also interested in appraisals of the English muffin
recipe from the Reinhart Book 'The Bread Baker's Apprentice.'"

I LOVE the Reinhart book and everything I've tried from it (make sure you
try the Italian bread and the bagels).  When I made the English Muffins,
the texture and flavour were outstanding, but they did rise at a rather
frightening rate and got kind of thick for my regular (not wide-slot
toaster).  Next time I will either shape them to be wider (and thus
thinner), or try decreasing the yeast just a bit.  I think Mr. Reinhart
himself would want us to use this book as a guide, not a formula, so have
fun experimenting!

Rachael Lohr