sourdough failure to rise

Sue Hermosillo <sueherm@pacbell.net>
Sun, 05 May 2002 09:28:53 -0700
v102.n019.9
I had the same problems when I was trying to use the Gold Rush brand
starter I bought at Whole Foods.  About 2 months ago I bought the starter
sold by King Arthur's and haven't had a failure yet, I've been using it
once or twice a week for bread, pancakes or waffles.  I've also passed it
along to 2 friends, novice bread bakers, and it's been great for them,
too.  BTW, the sourdough waffles from Nancy Silverton's Bread from La Brea
Bakery cookbook are the best I've ever had.  I don't think it would be fair
to post it here, but I'll email a copy to anyone who want's it, just email me.

Good luck,
Sue