Dead Bread Machine

Lobo <lobo119@att.net>
Mon, 06 May 2002 14:33:11 -0700
v102.n020.4
"vicki & john" <j.ireland@attbi.com>  wrote:
  > I'm thinking of just buying one of those Kitchen Aid mixers. If anybody's
  > used those with great success in bread making, I'd love to hear about it.

I have one and love it.  I mix everything mixable in it, including meat
loaf.  For 1 loaf of bread, it works just fine.  More than that starts
crawling up beater shaft.  When I bake more than 1 loaf, I mix everything
except most of the flour (I put in just 1-2 cups).  Then I divide the dough
into 3-4 portions and add the rest of the flour to one portion at a time in
the mixer.  I don't measure, but just add flour until the dough feels
right.  I throw all the portions back into the same bowl to rise.

It takes a little extra time, but I like to bake several loaves at once,
which you can't do with a bread machine, and it's easier than mixing it
with a spoon.