Re: Kitchen Aid Mixers

"Don Bischoff" <taktez@earthlink.net>
Sun, 12 May 2002 13:54:31 -0500
v102.n021.6
Hi Audrey,

I saw your post inquiring about the Kitchen Aid mixer and I want you to
know that you don't have to worry about the motor burning out.  No ma'am,
the gears will strip out first.  I have one and they've wiped out twice at
$100 dollars a pop to get it fixed.  The second time I pitched it in the
junk heap and bought a Bosch Concept7.  I couldn't be happier.  It's a
dough kneading fool.  As far as I'm concerned, the KA is just a toy if
you're a serious baker.

According to reputation, the Magic Mill DLX is good.  Bosch Concept7 or
Universal are both good.  The Kenwood KM800 is good.  I haven't heard
anything about the Whisper Mill 2000.

Buy a Kitchen Aid and your small appliance repair guy will love you.

Don