Kitchen aid

NuttyBakerGirl <rokzane@dimensional.com>
Sat, 25 May 2002 22:26:58 -0600
v102.n022.15
"Buy a Kitchen Aid and your small appliance repair guy will love you."

This depends on what kind of kitchen aid you buy. The small 4 1/2 qt mixers
that sell for less than 200 hundred dollars are not good for making bread.
They don't have the power to them. The Professional model, at 525 watts of
power is a worthy model. The magic mill is something like 600 watts. There
really isn't much difference in the power.

In the end what really tears up a stand mixer is how you use it. There is
no reason to crank the mixer up to full speed for anything that your
mixing. Speed 2 on a Kitchen Aid is fine for bread kneading.

I've never had any problem mixing any kind of bread in my machine.

If you truly want something that can knead bread into oblivion, then buy a
VitaMix. Those things are 2 horsepower (Think about it, a lawn mower is 4
horsepower).

Roxanne