Re: Digest bread-bakers.v102.n024

"Marcy Goldman" <goldman@betterbaking.com>
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 21:49:29 -0400
v102.n025.1
Rick and everyone,

Hi - I am new to this bread baking digest list.

I have to take issue with the comments you made about the KitchenAid mixers
and the Whirlpool connection.

I host a website (www.betterbaking.com) where KitchenAid is also a guest on
the site. I have know the folks at KitchenAid for years and test out new
mixers from them each year. Each model I have had - for the last 12 years
or so - has been terrific. No problems. If anything, the options,
improvements - seem to be making what is already a terrific mixer - that
much better. I also have tested everything else - including the Magic Mill.
While the Magic Mill has a capacity thing going on - I have to say it just
'thugs' the dough around and around - it does not properly knead of
manipulate it AT ALL. Anything you need to know about KitchenAid - please
feel free to ask me or them.  They happen to be incredibly responsive to
consumers (as well as food writers).

Also - re: malt - I get my malt powder from local bagel bakeries. Mostly -
malt (at least in home baking) is about crust colour and taste - not to
feed the yeast.

best wishes and happy baking,
marcy Goldman
Editor