German Christmas Cookies (Planning Ahead!)

"Frederick J. Krall" <fkrall@att.net
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:48:49 -0400
v102.n025.5
When I was a boy, a friend's mother used to make Christmas cookies that I
loved.  I can't recall anything about them except they were hard as rocks
but absolutely delicious.  She's now 94, and in speaking with her recently
she mentioned that they are from the German side of her family and are
formally called "leebkooken," which I assume is properly spelled
"Liebkuchen."  I could ask for more, but I'm reluctant to pry into her
family's tradition.

Is anyone familiar with them or point me toward a source for the recipe?

Thanks.

Rick Krall