Magic Mill vs. Kitchen Aid

"Jazzbel" <jazzbel@speedwayinternet.com>
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 16:27:50 -0400
v102.n026.15
 > I also have tested everything else - including the Magic Mill.
 > While the Magic Mill has a capacity thing going on - I have to say it just
 > 'thugs' the dough around and around - it does not properly knead of
 > manipulate it AT ALL

I strongly disagree.  It does not knead AT ALL?? Capacity by itself would
not cause people to buy a machine, what's the point of owning a machine
which does not perform its functions?

If for nothing else, the Magic Mill is a better dough maker, and is the
preferred  machine of bread bakers.  If your dough was not properly
kneaded, it is probably because you did not knead it long enough.  Mixing
and kneading should take 10-12 minutes.

Bread Doughs are not the KA's forte.  In fact, run of the mill bread
machines do a much better job.

It takes a while for cake bakers to adjust to the Magic Mill, I agree.  But
once you get used to it, it is fully functional and fine. In fact, it is
excellent for make butter cakes, where creaming is very important for cake
volume.

I have been baking bread with my Magic Mill for over two years now, and the
quality of my products is better than ever.

I mainly use my Kitchen Ad to mix small amount of dough or batter. (like
roti, naan or english muffins).

I think both machines have its merits and will suit differently individuals
with different needs.  If I had to give up one, I would give up the Kitchan
Aid, as the Magic Mill can handle samll quantities as well.

Later,
Jazzbel