Re: Hearthkit

"Renzo64" <renzo64@cox.net>
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:09:57 -0400
v102.n031.1
portia on whidbey wrote:
 > I've tried using parchment paper on the stone, but that hasn't been very
 > acceptable, as the breads always seem to steam a little underneath instead
 > of crisping and browning.

I use the parchment as an easy way of transferring from peel to quarry
tiles, but found the same problem you have with the bottom crust, plus the
parchment started browning almost to a burn. I read somewhere on some list
that the parchment can be removed as soon as the loaf sets up.  I tried it
and it has solved both problems for me.  I just grab an edge of the
parchment and use the peel to hold the loaf gently in place as I remove the
paper.

renzo
in ri