HearthKit

Brown_D@pcfnotes1.wustl.edu
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:25:54 -0500
v102.n031.7
While reading these posts for the HearthKit, I'm wondering how this
compares to a brick baking system I already have.  It was called "bread
from the hearth" and consists of a think aluminum pan with raised edges
that holds 8  1/4 inch thick bricks.  To the best of my knowledge the
"bread from the hearth" kits are no longer available.  The tray makes it
easy to slide it in and out of the oven like a baking sheet, although it's
quite a bit heavier than the average baking tray.  I have two sets and move
them around the oven as needed--two stacked for one hearth loaf, two
separately for two batches of cookies at once, etc.  I will use them for
flatbreads which are thin and soft by taking the hot trays out of the oven
and putting the breads on, then putting all back in--it takes longer to
write or read that than to do it.

Is the HearthKit too heavy to slide in and out for easier loading/unloading
of multiple soft loaves?

Does it give a better performance than this kind of multiple-brick setup?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
diane brown