My high protein bread

Barbara Ross <BarbaraRoss@comcast.net>
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:24:37 -0400
v102.n031.14
I've made this bread several times.  This makes one very large bread,
oval shape like a rye bread.  You could also make two small ones.  Since
I do freeform, I'm not sure but it might make two breads in a bread pan.

It's slightly sweet with raisins, but you could make it savory my
omitting the raisins and TB of sugar (although it helps the yeast) and
add minced onion, onion powder, something like that.  It's dense but
MUCH better than Gabi's bread, which barely rises.  I don't know the
carbs, but maybe someone knows how to figure it out. I do know it's =
high
protein

BARB'S HIGH PROTEIN BREAD

1 Tbsp yeast
1/2 c water
1/4 c white flour
1 c wheat flour
1/2 c soy flour
1/2 c hi gluten flour
1/4 c wheat germ
1/4 c oats
1 egg
1/4 c flax seed
1/2 c oat bran
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp soy lecithin
1/8 tsp ascorbic acid
1 1/2 TB vital wheat gluten
1 Tbsp diastic malt powder
2 Tbsp+ each:  flax seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds,
whatever you want
1/2 c raisins (optional)
1 c + approx 1 Tbsp water (as needed while kneeding)

Knead using dough hook, speed 2, for about 15 minutes.  Let rise once in
oiled bowl until double.  Punch down.  Knead and put in baskets to rise
to get freeform round loaves.  Let rise again til double.  Turn onto HOT
bakers stone in 375 - 400 F oven.  Spray water or throw cup of water into hot
oven to create steam.  Spray again every 5-10 mins for first 15 mins.
Each oven is different, so bake until sounds hollow when tapping on
bottom.  Turn down to 350 F after about 15 mins.