yeast

Sandy <sandykrause@comcast.net>
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 08:41:56 -0400
v102.n035.15
I bought some yeast that I would like some tips using.  I have always used
the yeast that is in the little envelopes.  This is Fleischmann's Instant
Yeast and it is in a vaccuum sealed, 16 oz. brick package.  Like I have
seen some coffee packaged.  Should I store it in the pantry before it is
opened, since it was just on the shelf in the store?  Should I refrigerate
it once opened like it says or put it in the freezer like I've heard some
of you talk about? (I'm not sure if you all were talking about this kind of
yeast)  And finally, how do I use this?  Does it need to be proofed?  How
much do I use?

I'm so glad to have this list as a resource!  Thanks everyone.

Sandy in Maryland