REQ: Black Bread Recipe

Seacookee@aol.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:02:24 EDT
v102.n048.7
Hi Group,

I have read and admired the great bakers from this group and learned so
much about bread baking THANK YOU!!

REQUEST:
Long ago my family enjoyed an (Italian) restaurant that served a VERY dense
Black Bread with creamy butter.  I have been unable to find a recipe that
equals the density and taste of this bread.  It was very very dark (black),
very heavy and moist.  Extremely tasty!  I would appreciate anyone who can
assist me in my search for the recipe of this wonderful bread.  I am also
sure that others would enjoy trying a recipe that equals the taste of this
bread.

Thank you,
Cookie