bubbling pizza crust

"rdempsey" <rdempsey@dialaccess.com>
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:42:35 -0600
v102.n053.7
My finance' and I - both avid bread bakers - frequently make pizza.  We
have found that what works best is to pre-bake the un-topped dough for a
few minutes, then top, then bake.  The only problem is that frequently big
air bubbles form that make it very un-pizza like.  You can't cut the
pockets to deflate because the sauce will soak and ruin the dough.  If we
don't prebake we don't get this as much but then doesn't seem as
good.  Although we typically make pizza from doughs that are for foccaccia
etc, we do also do use "standard" pizza dough.  We get the same
results.  After reading this list for a long time, I can't say I have seen
this.  Of course, this is most on my mind after a party this past weekend
where I made 8 pizzas!  :)

Robert Dempsey
rdempsey@dialaccess.com
Home page: http://www.dialaccess.com/~rdempsey