Happy Holidays

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 17:36:45 -0800
v102.n060.1
Hi everyone,

I wanted to take this opportunity to wish all of you who celebrate the
holidays that they be wonderful for you this year.  Jeff and I feel that we
are very fortunate to have been able to host this list for everyone over
the last few years and hopefully continue to do so long into the
future.  Our best wishes go out to each of you and may you have a safe
holidays.

Here are a couple of bread recipes I am posting to help this note be more
appropriate ... (Note: I have not made either of these)

first one made by hand ...

                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Cranberry-Nut Wheat Loaf

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Fruits                           Hand Made
                 Low Fat                          Nuts
                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List

     1      Pkg           Active Dry Yeast
       3/4  C             Warm Water -- (110-115F)
     3      Tbsp          Honey
     2      Tbsp          Vegetable Shortening -- To 3 Tbsp
     2                    Egg Whites
     1      C             Whole Wheat Flour
     1      Tsp           Salt
     1      C             Dried Cranberries
       2/3  C             Coarsely Chopped Walnuts
                          Nonfat Milk

Mix yeast, warm water, and honey in large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add
shortening, egg whites, 1 cup all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, and
salt, mixing until smooth. Mix in cranberries, walnuts, and enough
remaining 1 cup all-purpose flour to make smooth dough.

Knead dough on floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
Place dough in greased bowl; let rise, covered, in warm place until double
in size, 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Punch down dough.

Shape dough into loaf and place in greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Let stand,
loosely covered, until double in size, about 45 minutes.

Brush top of loaf with milk. Bake at 375F. until loaf is golden and sounds
hollow when tapped, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.

Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 153, Fat: 4.7 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 141 mg, Protein: 4.1
g, Carbohydrate: 24.6 g
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit, 1 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat

Source: "1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes" by Surrey Books
Book info: http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=24
 >From: "Daily Diabetic Recipe" <diabeticrecipe@diabeticgourmet.com>

                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Cal 66.6
Total Fat 2.5g
Sat Fat 0.7g
Carb 9.9g
Fiber 1.4g
Pro 2.1g
Sod 141mg
CFF 31.8%

and next one made by bread machine ...

                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                         Pineapple Cranberry Bread #2

Recipe By     : "Dancer^" <sigatress@attcanada.net>
Serving Size  : 14   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Breads
                 Fruits                           Grains
                 Holidays                         Low Fat
                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List

     1      C             Cranberry Juice
       2/3  C             Crushed Pineapple -- Drained
     2      Tbsp          Butter Or Margarine
       1/2  Tsp           Salt
     1      C             Oats
     3      C             Bread Flour
     2      Tsp           Yeast
       1/2  C             Finely Chopped Cranberries -- And/Or
                          Nuts

Add ingredients to the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the
manufacturer. Add cranberries and nuts at the tone indicating the end of
the raisin/mix cycle. (Coconut is also a great addition).