Mike Avery's Brotchen recipe

"Joyce Bennis" <Joyce@Beedie.com>
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:29:53 -0700
v103.n009.25
Being "homesick" if that's possible for the breakfast rolls we had on our
hiking trip to Switzerland and Austria this summer, I gave this recipe a
try.  I just threw everything in the bread machine, then shaped rolls by
hand.  They were great! We ate the first batch in a day! Then I made a
second, double batch for the freezer.  Now I have them every morning --
just pop 'em in a 150 F oven for about 10 minutes. I thought they needed a
tad more salt, so I increased that slightly.  They taste much like Kaiser
rolls, but more tender.  Thanks, Mike.

Joyce Beedie