For "New to this" Lee Anne

"Jenny Hensley" <hensley@columbus.rr.com>
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:41:41 -0400
v103.n021.10
Congrats and welcome to bread baking.  It's always experimental for me, and
you should try the recipes off the list because if something happens, you
have instant access to questions and comments.  I baked (mostly sweets)
when I was younger, and now I'm 40 with two kids who will barely eat store
bought bread.  I really like mixing my dough in the breadmaker, but it is
the easy way out.  As far as books, though probably not basic, are "Crust
and Crumb" and "Rustic European Breads." I like to experiment with shaped
breads... and it is starting to show on my thighs.  HOWEVER, when my kids,
10 and 7, are helping with shaping, adding ingredients (when they are in
the fraction mode), and experimenting with various foods, what more could
you want?

I also think King Arthur has a wonderful website, and I've attended two of
their sessions here in Columbus over the past few years, so that is a tool
for you also.  Along with their products, I've made many recipes that they
have provided.

Enjoy and USE US!!

Jenny