Re: reducing kitchen heat

ede <pedmoo@sbcglobal.net>
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:15:45 -0500
v103.n032.2
Hi Ed!
<<< An oven cranked up to the max, especially during the summer season can
make life uncomfortable in the home, and add to air-conditioning expense. >>>

Tell me about it!!

 >>>far safer than the oft-advised steam-generating methods of pouring
boiling water into a hot pan, tossing ice cubes, opening the door and
spritzing water inside, etc. Even the act of loading the bread is safe,
simple and casual because you're not dealing with scorching-hot surfaces,
nor a blast of steam that fogs glasses when opening the door<<<

Yes!!!   "Where's the counter to set this hot pan on?"  <g>   BTDT!! I also
have the scars on my arms to prove it!! <g>

 >>>......to the simple Popover - the cold-start method works very, very
well. <<<

Even Popovers?   Great!!

 >>>turn the oven "off" (or reset to a low temp) for the last say, 5
minutes. <<<

All the years of my baking (eons), I never thought it would work.  (Well,
DUH!!) <ggg>  Now if my bread is not browned on the bottom when it's done
on top, I do put it back into the oven, upside down, for about 10 more
min... but with the oven off.   But I'll sure use this method, too.

Thank you so much for this info, Ed...  gonna try it today!!  I'll be
baking bread after a bit today and will employ your techniques!  Anything
to keep down the heat!!  I've devised many other ways of conservation, but
have always trusted other's bread recipes.  Don't mind the heat in the
Winter... helps to warm the house...  but not now at 100+ F without the A/C
on!!!

Again, Thanks, Ed!!!

~~May all your bugs be beneficial.~~
<*}}}><