Lisa - The "feel" of bread dough.

Nifcon@aol.com
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 06:50:10 EST
v103.n047.1
Lisa

>and I had to write because I have never felt a dough that felt so good in
>my hands. It was breathtaking... so soft, pliable, and yet strong!

I make many high-hydration doughs and, when I send a recipe to a
correspondent I often recieve a reply a few days later rhapsodising over
the incredible tactile pleasure from handling the very soft yet very
elastic and perfectly manageable dough. It is all but impossible to convey
in words the "feel" of bread dough especially the apparently contradictory
qualities of elasticity, strength and softness produced by high hydration
and stretching and folding. In truth it must be experienced to be believed.
Love

John