about the feel of dough

lfc@juno.com
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:45:56 -0600
v103.n047.16
Lisa,

I too consider myself a beginner, though I have been baking bread on and
off for about 20 years.  I keep learning new things like now I am using 100
percent whole wheat that I grind myself.  I just finished two loaves with
what had been a good recipe, but for the last 3 or 4 batches, I can't seem
to get it right.  I just cut the poorly risen loaf in half, then slice it
the 'other way' into bread slices and say "oh, well, maybe next
time".  Though I have some flops, I get a lot of good bread and my family
loves the fresh baked smell and warm slices with agave nectar or
all-fruit.  It is such a great feeling to bake a healthy loaf of tasty
bread and feed my family with it.  I love the texture and feel of kneading
the dough.  I enjoy the yeasty smell when I deflate it to let it rise
again.  I understand what you mean.  It is funny to lots of people, but it
is so satisfying to some of us.

Linda