The Pizza Book

Susan Reinhart <s.reinhart@prodigy.net>
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 08:55:11 -0500
v103.n049.4
Hello From Charlotte, My New Home,

Susan and I just moved here from Providence to be part of the new Johnson &
Wales campus, set to open next Sept. The move coincides with, at long last,
the release of "American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza," to which so
many list members (over 100) contributed as recipe testers. On Friday, Nov.
14th we're having the official publication party at J&W in Providence from
5-7 pm in case any of you are nearby I'm still teaching up there till Nov.
20th, and the school has been kind enough to host the party).

Once I land down here in Charlotte for good, I'd be happy to send signed
copies out like I did for "The Bread Baker's Apprentice" a couple of years
ago. I get the book at a discount and will pass it on to you (once you
factor in shipping and padded envelopes it isn't much better than Amazon
but at least I can sign it and thank you if you were a recipe tester). I
should be able to start sending them out by the first week of December. The
book lists for about $26, I can send it for $20, (including all taxes,
handling, postage, etc.). We should have a PO box by later today so I'll
post again with the address asap. This is just a heads up.

By the way, Ten Speed Press did another great design job--I love the look
and feel of the book. There are not too many pictures but they chose great
paper, and gave the book a "deckled edge," which is a rough cut like books
of old. The idea was to position it as a literary book rather than just a
cook book. Half the book is the story of the "search," which gave me a
chance to explore my favorite food-as-metaphor themes.

Thank you everyone who participated. This group has been a tremendous
support over the years and I've really enjoyed meeting many of you on my
travels. I hope you are pleased with the result.  Starting in late February
I'll be traveling and doing classes from the book, so I'll post the
schedule next month in case you'd like to come.

      Sincerely,
      Peter Reinhart