Another flaxseed question

"David Rosenthal" <drosenthal@ananzi.co.za>
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:18:38 +0200
v103.n050.20
Susan Brigden wrote:

>I am interested in trying to add ground flaxseed to bread, but my husband
>does not like whole wheat type bread. Does anyone have a recipe...or
>experience...adding ground flaxseed to a regular white bread recipe (ok, I
>can sneak a little bit of whole wheat in and he won't notice!).

Hi Susan

I have just joined this list and the following response might be old hat...

The Flax Council of Canada gives some useful guidelines in their website e.g.

"Use flaxseed at a 3 to 1 ratio to the shortening being replaced"

and

"Milled flaxseed may replace 10 to 15 per cent of the flour used in yeast
bread preparations. Increase the yeast added by 25 per cent to maintain the
same proof time, texture and consistency"

I found their web site interesting and informative. Their URL is:
http://www.flaxcouncil.ca/flaxpd6.htm

Best wishes
David Rosenthal

==
Download ringtones, logos and picture messages at Ananzi Mobile Fun.
http://www.ananzi.co.za/cgi-bin/goto.pl?mobile