Re: Kitchenaid motor switch

Pete Solis <pete@sollasolew.com>
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:42:26 -0500
v103.n051.16
>>The repair people told me that the new Kitchenaid mixers had a different
>>kind of motor that in their opinion wasn't very good.  The motors are
>>stated to have a higher wattage, but they are smaller and overheat
>>quicker.  They told me that the older models were much better and that
>>the new models were basically garbage.
>
>Anyone know in what model year the great motor switch occurred?
>Just curious....my 1980-something kitchenaid has never been to the shop....
>--diane brown in st. louis

This would be around when Hobart sold KitchenAid to Whirlpool. I couldn't
find an exact date, though. If you want a Hobart KitchenAid, try eBay.

The people who tell you that a KitchenAid will never ever break are talking
about the old Hobart ones. The people who tell you KitchenAids are
over-rated are talking about the new ones. That said, I have a new one and
am quite pleased with it.

Beacuse I like food history, I'm putting this link here. It has a nice bit
about the history of the KitchenAid. Just search the document for "Hobart."

<http://archives.openflows.org/electronetwork-l/msg00294.html>

Regards,
Pete