Yeasted Overnight Waffles

"Jazzbel" <jazzbell@coralwave.com>
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:34:40 -0500
v104.n006.4
>Okay. A recipe for waffles/pancakes involving setting out a batter
>containing such a perishable ingredient as milk at room temperature for
>(gasp!) 12 hours? What do you want to do, poison your progeny?

Please provide the scientific foodsafety manual which justifies your
statement.  I would like to refer you to the USDA foodsafe mailing list
where the microbiologists will set the record straight.

Amish Freindship Bread has a milk-based yeasted starter which is used
indefinitely.

So does salt-rising bread, actually fermented by bacteria.

I will soon try Maggie's recipe, but I have used overnight crumpet and
english muffin formulas, and made home-made yogurt where the culture sits
in a 110F oven overnight.

All the breads are baked at 375-400F, so, bacteria be gone.  The yogurt is
eaten cold.

Later,
Jazzbel