Breadman machine

"Chalon, Grace" <GChalon@mail.twu.edu>
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:09:39 -0600
v104.n007.12
Hi,

I received a Breadman machine as a Christmas gift from my family.  I have
not yet successfully made a loaf of bread.  I keep trying the same recipe,
changing yeasts, purchasing new flour, trying on a timer setting.  Each
loaf comes out similar (and inedible).  They don't rise.

I've tested my yeasts.  I started with the Red Star I had in my freezer,
then bought packets of SAF yeast.  They all seem active....  I thought by
trying the same recipe with different ingredients I would determine if the
yeast were the problem.  I'm using a recipe from the Breadman instruction
booklet for "French bread," which calls for flour, salt, sugar and olive
oil.  My house is warm (headed slightly for a North Texas winter), no
drafts in my kitchen.

What should I try next?

Thanks,
Grace