Whole Wheat Challah

JZingheim@aol.com
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:09:32 EST
v104.n013.1
I make WW Challah fairly frequently. It keeps me in the good graces of my
daughter in law as well as I love it. It is a celebration bread and I treat
it as such, one to share and enjoy. I work with two physicians who are
Jewish and we have discussed this and they find it to be just fine no
matter what flour is used.

This leads me to the following conclusion:  If you put ten bakers in a room
and lock the door you will come up with twelve opinions on any given loaf.

The trend I see in bread baking today is to challenge the traditional
methods and push the envelope. From this will come innovation and new
methods which will enhance rather than replace what is traditional.

Good baking
John Zingheim