Re: Why no cold water pizza recipe in American Pie?

"Rosalynn Gorski" <rozski@cox.net>
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:18:31 -0700
v104.n013.11
Hi Michael,

I just happened to be lucky enough to go to Peter's class at Sur La Table
the other night.  He is promoting his new book "In Search of Perfect
Pizza".  In the class, he made both the Napoletana pizza dough and the
Neapolitan pizza dough.  On page 107 of the book, you'll find the cool
water method.  I have since made this dough and it is wonderful.  I used
the italian "00" flour and it turned out just like it did in class.  I
found it was a little easier to handle, which Peter said it would be.  It
really is a simple recipe and I'm sure you will find it to be the case as
well.  I did have to let the dough rest a couple of times while spreading
it out due to the elasticity of the dough.

Happy baking.  Roz