Breakfast Pizza

"docmus" <docmus@mindspring.com>
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:20:56 -0500
v104.n015.9
The other day we stopped at American Pie restaurant in Sherman, CT for a
mid afternoon Sunday brunch.  They were serving a breakfast "pizza"  which
was spectacular.  It is not too sweet but very rich and satisfying.

They start with their sticky bun dough, spread it with slightly sweetened
riccota and top with cooked sliced cinnamon apples. The apples looked like
pie apples to me. Then they top it with the barest hint of thin
frosting.....looks like cheese but tastes like butter frosting.  This is
served cut into wedges that look like pizza. I can hardly wait to try this
at home.

My question is this.  Does anyone know of a  low fat sticky bun recipe
which might work with this dish?

Thanks in advance.

Karen
docmus@mindspring.com