Marilyn's New York-Florida Rye 2 lb. (Bread Machine)

"Russell J. Fletcher" <acoder@xprt.net>
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 19:02:34 -0700
v104.n018.12
                     *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

               Marilyn's New York-Florida Rye 2 lb. (Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : A Jewish Mother's Cookbook by Elaine Radis
Serving Size  : 15   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : 30 % Cff Or Less                 Bread Machine
                 Rye                              2 Lb. Size

    1 1/2  cups          water
    1      Tablespoon    olive oil
    1      Tablespoon    honey
    1      cup           rye flour
    3      cups          bread flour
    2      Tablespoons   buttermilk powder (SACO brand) -- * see note
    1      Tablespoon    sugar
    1      teaspoon      salt
    3      Tablespoons   caraway seed
    2      Tablespoons   gluten flour
    2 1/4  teaspoons     active dry yeast

Formatted by Russell Fletcher acoder@xprt.net
$.03 per slice

+++++

From: MRS ELAINE RADIS (auntie_e@prodigy.com)
JUST ADD THE INGREDIENTS IN THE ORDER that your bread machine manufacture
requires.

For oven baked:   Lately I have been having Papa make it on manual, and
then I shape and bake in LE CLOCHE. First, while the bread is rising, you
soak the entire clay baker. Then allow it one more rise.

Bake in a COLD oven with the temperature at 450 Ffor about 1/2 hour. You
can do a water or egg wash before you bake and once during baking. Take the
cover of the cooker off, and let brown for about 10 minutes more, until you
hear a HOLLOW sounding THUMP when you tap on the bread with your knuckles.

*You can leave the buttermilk powder out if you are making a parve recipe.

---
Russell Fletcher CCS-P    acoder@xprt.net
Battle Ground WA USA   <*)))><