RE: neglected starter

"Russell J. Fletcher" <acoder@xprt.net>
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 00:19:49 -0700
v104.n021.2
This original message touches on questions I have about sourdough.

I have been reluctant to ever try a sourdough starter because there are so
many types of bread to make that I figured my starter would dry up, mold,
or otherwise get funky. Lately I have found a lot of sourdough rye breads
that sound interesting, so I am becoming more interested in trying a starter.

Is there a way to cost effectively save starter if you only use it once
every few months? What are the danger signs that you need to toss your
starter and begin again?

Thanks

-----
Russell Fletcher,