12 grain bread

Robert Turnbull <rturnbul@speakeasy.net>
Sat, 29 May 2004 12:30:42 -0400
v104.n026.4
I created these recipes for a West Bend bread machine. I've also used Bob's
Red Mill 7 and 12 grain cereals instead of the Apple Valley cereal.

Multi-Grain Whole Wheat Bread

1 1/2 Pound Loaf        Ingredients
9 1/2 oz                MILK, 90F
2 T                     BUTTER
3 T                     BROWN SUGAR
1 1/4 t                 SALT
1/2 cup                 APPLE VALLEY 12-GRAIN CEREAL
2 cups                  WHITE FLOUR (Including 1T GLUTEN FLOUR)
2 t                     DOUGH ENHANCER
1 cup                   WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
2 t                     RAPID RISE YEAST (or 3 t fast rise yeast)

BREAD SELECT SETTINGS TO USE: Basic, Basic Rapid, Bread Color 1 Light

1. Heat milk to 90F, stir well and add to bread pan. Put butter into milk.

2. Add brown sugar, salt, 12-grain cereal, white flour, gluten, dough
enhancer and whole wheat flour. Level flour mixture.

3. Make a slight well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the yeast.

Multi-Grain Whole Wheat Bread

2 Pound Loaf            Ingredients
13 oz                   MILK, 90ºF
2 T                     BUTTER
4 T                     BROWN SUGAR
1 1/2 t                 SALT
2/3 cup                 APPLE VALLEY 12-GRAIN CEREAL
2 2/3 cup               WHITE FLOUR (Including 2T GLUTEN FLOUR)
1 T                     DOUGH ENHANCER
1 1/3 cup               WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
2 1/2 t                 RAPID RISE YEAST (or 3 1/2 t fast rise yeast)

BREAD SELECT SETTINGS TO USE: Basic, Bread Color - Light