Re: Low-Carb Bread Recipes

"Susie" <asimser@twcny.rr.com>
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:59:52 -0400
v104.n035.3
Pat,
As you might know being low carb white and wheat flour is VERY high in
carbs. The alternative people usually use is vital wheat gluten mostly with
a little added oat flour, soy flour, or almond flour. It makes in my
opinion for a tasty loaf yet can be chewy. The one I find the best so far
is one I have tinkered with but I'm sure could be made better with more
play with it:

Susie's Low Carb Bread

3/4 cup Water
1 tbs olive oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/3 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
1/4 cup Flax Seed Meal
3/4 cup Wheat bran
1 1/2 tbs Yeast
1 tsp Sugar (they say that the sugar gets eaten by the yeast, I do count it
in the carb count)
2 package Splenda

I used my Zo and used the Preheat 20 minutes, knead 14, put it in a 9x5 pan
and Raised 1 hr. Bake 350F for 25 minutes.

NutritionFacts
makes 18 servings
Amount per serving:
Calories 67