Re: Looking for rye bread

fredex <fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:44:01 -0400
v104.n037.7
For fpodlecki@AOL.com who is looking for rye bread:

Several people have already replied to your request so you may already be
fully satisfied. But since I'm only now reading this (two week old digest)
i figured I'd throw in my $0.02 too.

There's a wonderful recipe for "Jewish Corn Bread", a sour rye, that was
posted to the list in:

  --------------- MESSAGE bread-bakers.v102.n059.4 ---------------
  From: Epwerth15@aol.com
  Subject: Re: Jewish Corn Bread
  Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 09:43:06 EST

I've also modified it slightly and re-posted a year or so later, so if you
look in the list archives you'll find both versions, as well as a lot of
other good rye breads.

This particular recipe is not designed for an ABM, but if you're a bit
creative you might be able to make it (or half of it, perhaps) in your
bread machine.

What you'll lose in the ABM is the beautiful shape of the round loaves and
probably won't be able to get the hard glistening crust that you can get by
baking it in the oven, though it should taste just as good!

---- Fred Smith -- fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us --------------------------=