new machine

Margaret Miller <margaret_miller_us@yahoo.com>
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
v104.n038.8
Mytrusty old Panasonic bit the dust.  What a bummer, I really liked that
machine.  I really wanted the new Zo but DH said too much money :)  I ended
up with the Breadman Ultimate.  I'm redoing all my recipes since my
Panasonic liked a wetter dough and this one collapses on me if I use the
same recipe.  I've been weighing my bread flour, 4 1/2 oz per cup.  Does
anyone have a Breadman and can give me tips?  It almost seems like either
the last rise is too long or the temp too high.  Also how do you determine
if there is too much flour or too much liquid, both have the same
consequences.  I had my Panasonic for 8 yrs and other than when I forgot to
add yeast the bread was always wonderful, I could tell by touch.  Also is
there somewhere I can get quick bread recipes for the machine?

Thanks so much, I have learned lots from this list.
Margaret