bread on the stove

Larry T <the.casual.baker@att.net>
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 10:13:08 -0700
v104.n044.7
Here's my dilemma.

Where I'm living right now, I can't use the oven (don't ask). I had been
enjoying great home-made pizza using Peter Reinhart's dough recipe and his
no-cook sauce. I ->love<- being able to put exactly what I like on a pizza.
And making it exactly the way I want.

Here's my idea.

I think, though I could be wrong, that great pizza could be made on the
stove. In a heavy, perhaps cast iron pan, on a burner. The pan would need
to be covered, in order to cook the top, but it couldn't be completely
covered or the pizza would turn out soggy.

The heat could not be too high, because the bottom of the pan gets really hot.

Anybody tried it? Have any great ideas?

Thanks.

Larry T