Fluffy Whole Wheat Bread

Eitan Levy <moranl@netvision.net.il>
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:40:05 +0200
v104.n049.1
I think that this bread recipe is what you would call light, almost fluffy.
Keeps well for over a week. It's a little finicky but the result is well
worth the try. Since the paddle in my bread machine is stuck I prepare the
dough in the machine and then hand finish it. I like this as then I can
make 2 smaller loaves

Doreen Levy

WHOLLY WHOLEWHEAT BREAD

1 1/3 cups water
3 Tbs. Oil
2 tsp salt
2 Tbs. honey (1/8 cup)
2 Tbs. date syrup (or molasses)
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat bran
1/2 cup oats (quick or coarse)
1/2 cup walnuts/millet
3 Tbs. flax seeds
1 tablet vitamin C, crushed
1 Tbs ginger powder
1 Tbs. yeast

To make to bread machine combine in order given. After a few minutes check
consistency. Finger should go in smoothly. If dough isn't coming together
or too dry add water, I Tbs. at a time. Punch down and let rest 20 minutes.
Punch down and form into a loaf. Let rise 40 minutes. Slash top. Bake 375 F
for 40 minutes.

To make in Mixmaster, place dry ingredients in bowl. Mix water, oil, honey
and syrup. Add to dry ingredients and then add flax and walnuts. Mix on low
for 7 minutes. This will not react like regular dough. It should have just
enough liquid to come away from the sides even if it doesn't cluster well
around the dough hook.

Let rise for 45 minutes. Punch down and continue as above