Mailing Bread

"Kyle" <kwarendorf@nyc.rr.com>
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:59:01 -0500
v104.n051.20
Enriched doughs do better in transit than lean doughs. The higher the fat
content of the bread, the longer its shelf life. I use the Post Office's
Priority Mail to ship from NYC to Florida. They "guarantee" 2-3 day
delivery to most of the country. The rates are a little higher than regular
ground shipping but knowing the bread will arrive in 2-3 days is worth it.

One thing I learned is that you have to make sure your bread is completely
cooled. If you seal it in a plastic bag before it's cooled you can get
condensation inside the bag and end up with soggy bread.

Kyle
www.kyleskitchen.net