Bosch Mixers

"Ken & Valerie Topp" <vstopp@email.msn.com>
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:07:47 -0600
v104.n054.8
Marcel Wrote:
>Any experiences with "Bosch Concept 7" or "Universal" mixer?

Hi Marcel,

I am new to the list, but wanted to respond to your question in hopes that
maybe I would get some answers!  I currently own a Bosch Concept 7. I
really liked it, especially the small footprint.  However, we had a small
accident with it where some sugar/vanilla got into the gear mechanism that
you set the bowl on.  I sent it in for repairs twice, but it has not been
the same since.  It grinds loudly under a heavy load: 12 pounds of wheat
bread dough (it worked like a charm for the previous 1 year, and just
started making the noises after the accident).

Bosch will either give me a new Concept 7 base unit or send me a brand new
Universal (They have a 3 year warranty which obviously is good even with
accidents).

I talked to my rep, and she said that even though both units have a 700
watt motor, the universal has a stronger motor because of the way it is
designed.  I went to my friends house and used her new universal, and it
appeared to have kneaded a "smoother" dough (is that possible?).

I also noticed that the universal has 3 speeds, and the Concept 7 has 4
speeds, but the 1 speed on the universal is much stronger than the 2 or
maybe even 3 on the Concept 7.  You have to use the splash guard on the
Universal or everything will go flying when you turn it on, whereas I
hardly used the lid for the Concept 7.

My dh said to go with the universal, so I guess that is what I will be
getting next week unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Also, my rep said that the Universal has been in the states for 50 years
and the Concept 7 has only been here for 5 years.  She said the Universal
is tried and true, and she has owned hers for 20 years.

Does anyone else have any comparison notes between the Concept 7 and the
Universal?

By the way, I am a stay at home mom with 7, soon to be 8 children ages 11
to 1, so you can see why I need to make my bread!  I am looking forward to
gleaning information from this list and becoming an expert bread maker like
the rest of you!

Sincerely,
Valerie